About the brand.
Goldrick inspires people to see the beauty and purpose in nature.
With your choice you are taking a stand against the devastating effects of a throw away culture.
Goldrick started with the ambition of creating natural living environments, making a life alongside nature to support our wonderful planet.
Our planet needs our help - they have to use less and move away from single-use plastic and celebrate natural alternatives. It is estimated that we are producing over 300 million tons of plastic every year, 50% of which will only be used once. More than 8 million tons of plastic is dumped into our oceans every year.
By choosing natural and reusable products we are reducing landfill waste and we are making a difference to our planet.
They believe that conscious living leads to a more authentic, beautiful and rewarding life. They hope that their brand inspires people to see the beauty and purpose in nature and the everyday living.
They work with small, independent and ethical individuals and manufacturers who compete with the less sustainable (and much less ethical) market, despite the smaller profit margins.
As people become more aware of what consumer-driven resource and human exploitation is doing to our planet and the people who live here, messages like this one won’t be necessary.
Why we use GOTS Certified Cotton
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain.
- At all stages through the processing organic fibre must to be clearly identified
- All chemical inputs (e.g. dyes, auxiliaries and process chemicals) must be evaluated and meeting basic requirements on toxicity and biodegradability/eliminability
- Prohibition of critical inputs such as toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde, aromatic solvents, functional nano particles, genetically modified organisms (GMO) and their enzymes
- Bleaches must be based on oxygen (no chlorine bleaching)
- Wet processing units must keep full records of the use of chemicals, energy, water consumption and waste water treatment, including the disposal of sludge. The waste water from all wet processing units must be treated in a functional waste water treatment plant.
- Packaging material must not contain PVC. Paper or cardboard used in packaging material, hang tags, swing tags etc. must be recycled or certified according to FSC or PEFC
- SOCIAL CRITERIA:
- Social criteria must be met by all processors and manufacturers. * Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour must not be used
- Living wages
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised